Find out what menu items from Blaze Pizza do not contain gluten and what you need to know about their gluten-free crusts.
Note: I am a proud Amazon, Chomps, MunkPack, and Thrive Market affiliate and am happy to recommend their service and products to you. Please know that as an affiliate, I may receive a small commission on the products you purchase after clicking through my links. For more info, please see my disclosure policy here.
If you have a Blaze Pizza near you, you may have wondered if this restaurant has any safe options for you and your gluten-free diet.
Blaze Pizza offers some gluten-free crust options for their pizzas, but in this post we’re going to dig into what that really means for folks like you and I who actually avoid gluten in our diets.
It’s nice to *say* something is gluten-free, but is it safe enough for people with celiac disease? What about gluten intolerance?
We’re going to dig into the gluten-free menu items from Blaze Pizza and talk about what options there are for folks who are looking for a quick place to pick up pizza or order delivery on a gluten-free diet.
We’ll cover the allergen statement by Blaze Pizza, plus go into some of the details of things you may not have thought about when it comes to gluten cross contamination in various restaurants.
If you’re a Blaze Pizza fan, you won’t want to miss this post!
What is gluten?
Gluten is a protein found in most wheat products, and acts as the “glue” that helps to hold wheat, barley, kamut, spelt, farro, durum, bulgur, rye, and semolina together to maintain their shape.
Gluten is naturally occurring, and therefore is impossible to strip away from the grain. If a grain naturally has gluten in it, there’s no way to make that food gluten-free.
Where can you find gluten in food?
Gluten can be found in the form of wheat and grain products, like bread or flour in the more obvious places.
You can also find gluten as a binding ingredient, an ingredient added for texture like to make a food more crispy, or as a thickening agent.
Where can you find gluten in restaurants?
Depending on the restaurant you’re visiting, you may find gluten in a variety of places.
At fast food restaurants, there will be gluten in hamburger buns, the breading of crispy chicken sandwiches or chicken nuggets, some French fries, salad dressings, croutons on salad, and chili or soup options.
At other restaurants, you’ll find gluten in flour in sauces, in pizza or other pastry dough, pasta, and as a thickener in some soups.
Where gluten is found in the menu items will vary from restaurant to restaurant. That’s why it’s always a good idea to review menus from home, and see if you can find any allergen information before you get to the restaurant itself.
Being able to review nutritional information and allergen statements before visiting a fast food restaurant can be the difference between ordering something that you think is safe for your gluten-free diet and getting sick.
Being knowledgeable about what specific menu items you’ll be able to eat without any worries of later reactions is crucial to sticking with your gluten-free diet.
Blaze Pizza allergen statement
There is no specific allergen statement on the Blaze Pizza website. However, according to the Blaze Pizza FAQ page, they answer the question “How Gluten-free is it?”
“If you are looking to reduce the amount of gluten in your diet and don’t want to give up on pizza, we offer three delicious gluten-free crust options, our Original GF Dough, Cauliflower and Keto.
Please be aware that our folks work with wheat-based flour and pizza dough all day long, and we use the same oven for all options, so there is a good chance of some cross-contact in our restaurants.
If you would like us to change our gloves or use a separate pizza cutter, we would be happy to do that at your request. If you are celiac or highly sensitive to gluten, we encourage you to carefully consider your dining choices.”
What you need to know about the gluten-free crusts at Blaze Pizza
Blaze Pizza makes it clear in their FAQ page that there is going to be a strong chance for cross contamination in any of their gluten-free pizzas. Keep this in mind before choosing this restaurant and making your choice with their menu.
With that note out of the way, Blaze Pizza offers two options for crust that have no gluten ingredients. These are their Keto Pizza Crust and Vegetarian Pizza Crust.
I was able to find the ingredients information for both of these on the Blaze Pizza Nutrition Calculator page of their website.
The ingredients in the gluten-free Keto Pizza Crust are: Cauliflower, Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Water, Egg Whites, Rice Starch, Modified Food Starch, Yeast, Sugar, Salt, Cultured Brown Rice, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Xanthan Gum.).
The ingredients in the gluten-free Vegetarian Pizza Crust are: Gluten Free Pizza Blend: Brown Rice Flour, Tapioca Flour, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum and Guar Gum, Water, Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Yeast: Yeast).
You can request to have the person making your pizza swap out their gloves for a fresh pair and a clean pizza cutter to have your gluten-free order prepared.
What to know about cross contamination at restaurants
Most fast food and carryout restaurants are not considered gluten-free establishments so it’s useful to keep this in mind when making decisions about where to go and what to order.
It’s important to know that even if a fast food restaurant claims that their menu items do not contain gluten, that the possibility and probability of gluten in their products is going to be high if there is even one menu item with gluten available.
Depending on your level of sensitivity to gluten, this can be make or break information for you.
If you are Celiac and are allergic to trace amounts of gluten, you’ll likely want to avoid most fast food restaurants that offer any bread products or French fries that are cooked in a shared fryer with other gluten-containing ingredients.
If you are not sensitive to gluten at the trace level and have adverse reactions to gluten due to a food intolerance, you may decide that these trace amounts of gluten from cross contamination are worth risking for a quick, easy, and convenient food option.
Being aware of how you have reacted to gluten in your diet in the past and how much gluten it takes for your body to react is useful knowledge when it comes to situations like these.
Use your best judgment about what you know about your body, how you react to gluten, and what the risks are for you specifically.
Blaze Pizza Gluten-free Menu Items
Pizza – 11 Inch
- Keto Pizza
- Vegetarian Pizza
- BLT Cobb (Entree)
- BLT Cobb (Side)
- BLT Wedge (Entree)
- BLT Wedge (Side)
- Buffalo Blue Salad (Entree)
- Buffalo Blue Salad (Side)
- Classic Greek Salad (Entree)
- Classic Greek Salad (Side)
- Barqs Rootbeer
- Blackberry Basil Agua Fresca
- Black Cherry Blue Sky
- Blood Orange Lemonade
- Coke Zero
- Diet Coke
- Mango Agua Fresca
- Mango Blue Sky
- Pear Cucumber Agua Fresca
- Pomegranate Limeade Agua Fresca
- Root Beer Blue Sky
- Strawberry Agua Fresca
- Tangerine Passionfruit Agua Fresca
- Unsweetened Iced Tea
Beer & Wine
- Red Wine
- White Wine
Dough – 11 Inch Pizzas
- Cauliflower Crust (GF)
- Keto Crust (GF)
Sauce – 11 Inch Pizzas
- Garlic Pesto Sauce
- Red Sauce
- Spicy Red Sauce
- White Cream Sauce
Cheese – 11 Inch Pizzas
- Goat Cheese
- Grated Parmesan
- Ovalini Mozzarella
- Shaved Parmesan
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Vegan Cheese
Meats And Veggies – 11 Inch Pizzas
- Applewood Bacon
- Banana Peppers
- Black Olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Chopped Garlic
- Green Bell Peppers
- Italian Sausage
- Kalamata Olives
- Red Onions
- Red Peppers
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Roasted Garlic
- Sauteed Onion
- Scorpion Slaw
- Smoked Ham
- Spicy Chorizo (Vegan)
Finishes – 11 Inch Pizzas
- BBQ Drizzle
- Buffalo Sauce
- Chipotle Ranch Drizzle
- Franks Red Hot Drizzle
- Olive Oil Drizzle
- Sea Salt
It’s important to note that while Blaze Pizza has gluten-free pizza crusts, there is always the possibility of cross contamination in the kitchen and they’re direct in sharing that information on their website.
If you are celiac, you’ll want to avoid Blaze Pizza. If you have a gluten intolerance, you may decide to give it a try, but knowing your level of gluten sensitivity up front is helpful.
Be cautious and curious about it, but don’t be surprised by having a reaction if you decide to brave it.
If you’ve been wondering whether or not you can find gluten-free menu items at Blaze Pizza lately, I hope this information has been helpful for you.
More Gluten-free Restaurant Menu Items
If you’re looking at other popular restaurants and wondering what gluten-free menu items they offer, be sure to check out my Gluten-free Restaurant Guide. I’ve outlined all the gluten-free options from 45+ popular restaurants and fast food chains.
- Gluten-free Fast Food: Options from Major Chains
- Gluten and Dairy-free Diet: 4 Restaurant Tips
- Applebee’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- Arby’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- Blaze Pizza Gluten-free Menu Items
- Boston Market Gluten-free Menu Items
- Buffalo Wild Wings Gluten-free Menu Items
- Burger King Gluten-free Menu Items
- California Pizza Kitchen Gluten-free Menu Items
- Cheesecake Factory Gluten-free Menu Items
- Chick-Fil-A Gluten-free Menu Items
- Chilis Gluten-free Menu Items
- Chipotle Gluten-free Menu Items
- Cracker Barrel Gluten-free Menu Items
- Crumbl Cookies Gluten-free Menu Items
- Culver’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- Denny’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- Domino’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- Dunkin Donuts Gluten-free Menu Items
- Einstein Bros Bagels Gluten-free Menu Items
- Firehouse Subs Gluten-free Menu Items
- First Watch Gluten-free Menu Items
- Five Guys Gluten-free Menu Items
- IHOP Gluten-free Menu Items
- Jack In The Box Gluten-free Menu Items
- Jimmy John’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- KFC Gluten-free Menu Items
- Little Caesar’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- Longhorn Steakhouse Gluten-free Menu Items
- McDonald’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- MOD Pizza Gluten-free Menu Items
- Nothing Bundt Cakes Gluten-free Menu Items
- Olive Garden Gluten-free Menu Items
- Outback Steakhouse Gluten-free Menu Items
- Panda Express Gluten-free Menu Items
- Panera Gluten-free Menu Items
- Papa Johns Gluten-free Menu Items
- Papa Murphy’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- P.F. Chang’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- Pizza Hut Gluten-free Menu Items
- Qdoba Gluten-free Menu Items
- Red Lobster Gluten-free Menu Items
- Red Robin Gluten-free Menu Items
- Ruby Tuesday Gluten-free Menu Items
- Shake Shack Gluten-free Menu Items
- Smashburger Gluten-free Menu Items
- Sonic Gluten-free Menu Items
- Starbucks Gluten-free Menu Items
- Subway Gluten-free Menu Items
- Taco Bell Gluten-free Menu Items
- Texas Roadhouse Gluten-free Menu Items
- Wendy’s Gluten-free Menu Items
- Whataburger Gluten-free Menu Items
- Wingstop Gluten-free Menu Items