Find out if Frank’s Red Hot is safe for a gluten-free diet, including which specific products to choose from the store.
Note: I am a proud Amazon, Chomps, and Thrive Market affiliate and am happy to recommend their service and products to you. Please know that as an affiliate, I may receive a small commission on the products you purchase after clicking through my links. For more info, please see my disclosure policy here.
If you love hot sauce, you’re probably no stranger to Frank’s Red Hot brand. Like any hot sauce, this brand is great with chicken wings or on spicy sandwiches. You can use Frank’s Red Hot sauce in a variety of different dishes to kick up the flavor and spiciness of a dish.
If you follow a gluten-free diet, you know it’s important to review all the ingredients and foods that go into your body. That includes not only the foods and drinks you consume, but even the smaller things that we often forget about like condiments.
In this post, find out if Frank’s Red Hot sauce and products are safe for a gluten-free diet, what they’re made of, and which contain dairy.
What is Frank’s Red Hot?
Frank’s Red Hot is a brand of hot sauce that is popular served with buffalo style chicken wings. This brand also makes seasoning blends, sauces, and even bloody Mary mix with their signature hot spicy blend of cayenne peppers.
What is gluten?
Gluten is a protein found in most wheat products, and acts as the “glue” that helps to hold wheat, barley, kamut, spelt, farro, durum, bulgur, rye, and semolina together to maintain their shape.
You can find gluten in whole grains, but also in many processed foods as well. If you purchase wheat bread, there will be gluten in it, because wheat by nature has gluten.
Many processed foods have hidden gluten in them in the form of gluten or wheat derivatives. These are also in the form of flavorings, binders to keep ingredients together, or other additives.
Is hot sauce gluten-free?
Many popular hot sauce brands, like Frank’s Red Hot, Tabasco, Sriracha, and Cholula all only contain a few ingredients, like cayenne pepper, vinegar, and garlic. All of these ingredients are naturally gluten-free, making most hot sauces a good option for a gluten-free diet.
That said, it never hurts to check ingredients lists for the products that you’re purchasing or about to shake onto your chicken wings or tacos. Look for hidden names of gluten so you know that what you’re going to buy or use is safe for your diet.
Is Frank’s Red Hot gluten-free?
According to the Frank’s Red Hot website, “we will always declare gluten ingredients on our label in the ingredients statement. Gluten is listed as “”wheat””, “”barley””, “rye”, “oats”, “spelt”, “triticale”, “kamut” or any protein containing part thereof and hybridized strains of these grains in our ingredient statements.
They also state that “We are aware of allergies and sensitivities to the following ingredients: – Wheat – Soy – Milk & Milk Products – Shell Fish – Peanuts – Fish – Tree – Nuts – Yellow Dye #5 and 6 – Egg – Sulfites over 10 ppm – Monosodium Glutamate or MSG – Gluten containing grains – including barley, rye, oats, spelt, triticale, and kamut We will always declare these ingredients on our label in the ingredients statement – they will never be hidden under the notations of “”spices”” or “”natural flavours.””
So to summarize, Frank’s Red Hot always labels their products with gluten and other top 8 allergens to help folks with food allergies and intolerances identify which products work best for their diets.
Is Frank’s Red Hot dairy-free?
Most of Frank’s Red Hot products are dairy-free. I was able to find a few products that contain dairy when researching for this post. The Frank’s Red Hot products that contain dairy are listed below:
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo ‘N Ranch Thick Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Ranch Seasoning Blend
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Style Frozen Chicken Dip
- Frank’s Red Hot Goldfish Crackers
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Frank’s Red Hot Kickin’ BBQ Chicken Wings
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Chicken Wings
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Boneless Chicken Bites
If you follow a gluten and dairy-free diet, these three will be the products you’ll want to avoid.
Which of Frank’s Red Hot products are gluten-free?
If you’re wondering which products from Frank’s Red Hot are specifically gluten-free, check out this list of what your options are. Because I follow a dairy-free diet, I’ve also noted those that contain dairy in case that is also of interest to you.
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Hot Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Xtra Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Sweet Chili Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Chili ‘N Lime Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Spicy Honey Bourbon Thick Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Thick Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo ‘N BBQ Thick Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo ‘N Ranch Thick Hot Sauce (contains dairy)
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Ranch Seasoning Blend (contains dairy)
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Seasoning Blend
- Frank’s Red Hot Ranch Dip Seasoning Mix
- Frank’s Red Hot Queso Dip Seasoning Mix
- Frank’s Red Hot Bloody Mary Mix
- Frank’s Red Hot Garlic Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Mild Wings Hot Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Style Frozen Chicken Dip (contains dairy)
Read on: Use your Frank’s Red Hot sauce on these 25 gluten and dairy-free Mexican casserole dishes
If you love Frank’s Red Hot sauce, I hope this post has given you all the information you need to decide if this is a good choice for you and your gluten-free diet.
Most options from Frank’s Red Hot are gluten-free, but some are not so be sure to review ingredients lists before buying.