Make your own dairy-free frozen yogurt in under a minute with this recipe featuring dairy-free yogurt and fresh fruit!
Frozen yogurt is a summertime favorite, but with a dairy-free diet, flavors are often limited at froyo shops. This dairy-free frozen yogurt can be made in about one minute with a blender or food processor and you only need two – maybe three – ingredients.
This dairy-free frozen yogurt is made with just two main ingredients: dairy-free yogurt and frozen fruit. With these two ingredients combined, you’ll have smooth and creamy dairy-free frozen yogurt that can be made to your liking with any and all flavors you love in your froyo.
The best part? This dairy-free frozen yogurt contains a lot less sugar than you’re used to getting at your local frozen yogurt shop AND you can make any flavor you want!
Choosing a dairy-free yogurt for your frozen yogurt
You can use any dairy-free yogurt you enjoy for this recipe. There are many different types of dairy-free milk alternatives and any of these as a base for yogurt make a great frozen yogurt too.
Choose from coconut, almond, cashew, soy, or oat milk based yogurts. Each will offer a different flavor. Choose a dairy-free yogurt you would eat on its own so you know you’ll enjoy the end result of your frozen yogurt.
One way to get creative with your instant frozen yogurt is to use different flavors. For example, you can make a berry frozen yogurt with frozen berries and vanilla coconut yogurt. Or you could make a banana chocolate frozen yogurt with frozen bananas and dark chocolate almond milk yogurt. Get creative with flavor combinations to find a flavor that you love!
Choosing frozen fruit for your frozen yogurt
Any type of frozen fruit you enjoy in other desserts or smoothies will be a great option in your dairy-free frozen yogurt. Here are a few great frozen fruits you might want to add to your version of this recipe:
Notes for your dairy-free frozen yogurt
After combining the frozen yogurt in your food processor, you may find that the consistency isn’t smooth and the fruit is too frozen to break down completely. If this happens, add some dairy-free milk one tablespoon at a time until it blends up to a smooth and even texture.
Between the sweetener in the dairy-free yogurt and the natural sugars in the frozen fruit, you might find that your frozen yogurt it sweet enough with just these two ingredients. After blending up these two main ingredients and getting it to a consistency you’re happy with, taste test the yogurt to determine if you want to add any additional sweetener. If so, you can add a teaspoon or two of maple syrup or honey.
Dairy-free frozen yogurt flavor combinations to try:
- Vanilla yogurt + raspberries
- Vanilla yogurt + pineapple
- Vanilla yogurt + mixed berries
- Chocolate yogurt + bananas
- Chocolate yogurt + mixed berries
- Strawberry yogurt + strawberries
- Peach yogurt + peaches
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free yogurt, any flavor
- 1 cup frozen fruit
- Honey or maple syrup, to taste
- Dairy-free milk
- Add the dairy-free yogurt and frozen fruit to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and not blending well, add dairy-free milk one tablespoon at a time until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Taste test to determine the sweetness, then add honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Scoop into two bowls and serve with your favorite toppings.
Use your favorite brands of dairy-free yogurt and get creative with different flavors that are available.
Enjoy this dairy-free frozen yogurt with frozen strawberries, raspberries, mixed berries, mango, pineapple, or bananas.
If you’ve been looking to make your own dairy-free frozen yogurt at home, I hope you’ll try this recipe and get creative with different flavors.
For more dairy-free treat recipes, you might want to check out some of these posts:
- 25 Dairy-free Ice Cream Recipes
- Vitamix Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream
- How to Make Your Own Fudgesicles
- 101 Gluten and Dairy-free Dessert Recipes
- 10 Gluten and Dairy-free Birthday Cake Recipes