It’s been a while since I’ve shared what’s been going on in my world lately. I thought it would be fun to give you a little run down of some of the things I’ve been up to – and some bits of randomness as well. Why not, right?
1. I’ve been trying to get out in nature more often as the weather has been getting nicer. I’ve been joining a few local hikes with moms and babies – and it has been SO fun to see some trails I’ve never been on and get out with my little guy.
I have a tendency to feel pretty cooped up during the day, so this has felt like therapy for my soul lately. This is one of the lookout points on one of the hikes. Gorgeous day, right?
2. Now that I’ve launched my GFDF Lifestyle Course, I’m monkey-braining over here thinking about different things I can create for you all that will be helpful.
Right now in the hamster wheel that is my brain: a comparison of the health benefits of non-dairy milks and a How to Save Money/Stay on a Budget While Eating GFDF Workshop.
What do you think of these ideas?Would you like to see one or both of these come to life??
3. I don’t think I’ve worn my hair out of my perma-pony (permanent pony tail) more than 5 times in almost 10 months. Which is funny, because my husband keeps telling me to keep my hair long when I start hemming and hawwing on a haircut. And I’m like “whyyy? when all I ever do is put it up?”
Men and their logic. My man and his logic.
4. Watching my baby crawl all the way up the entire flight of stairs is terrifying – especially knowing that he can’t make it down at all.
He also likes to fling himself off the bed head first – a great reason why we took the bed apart and threw the mattress on the floor. It’s too darn scary having a daredevil little boy.
My heart skips far too many beats every day. Everything seems SO dangerous now!!
5. I’m obsessed with Stitch Fix. I’ve already got two boxes from them since the first of the year and spent way more on clothes than I ever have in the past. That said, I’m freaking in love with all the clothes I’ve bought – I got a new jean jacket, a pair of distressed jeans, and three different tops. Score! (This is totally a referral link)
It’s definitely not stopping me from wearing yoga pants and t-shirts most days of the week though – haha! Gotta keep it real.
6. I’ve signed up for an online fitness program that I can do at home, so I can get moving a bit more. Specifically this one.
I love the workouts from Fitness Blender and have done one of their 8-week programs in the past – before I got pregnant.I’m in about a week now and it’s kicking my butt – I’m so sore everywhere!
7. Here’s another random moment from the past few weeks – on one of the beautifully sunny days we had, I called my mom to meet at the park for a walk.
I slathered the sunscreen on both Mr. Baby and I, got a blanket in case we wanted to just sit for a while, packed up the stroller, carrier, sun hat, more sunscreen, and some water. And guess what I forgot? My walking shoes. I walked a whole 2 miles in flip flops!
Total mom moment – and I got made fun of. I was entirely prepared – and yet completely unprepared. 🙂
8. I also just updated my Cheat Sheets to include a “How To Read Ingredient Lists” – you can get access to this oneplus six other cheat sheets here.
9.I just finished reading “Playing Big” by Tara Mohr.
You guys. This book is changing my life. It’s all about getting past your inner critic, learning to listen to your inner mentor, and following your callings in life. Whew. It’s a good one. Go get it now. Please.(affiliate link)
It’s good for you and the rest of the world.
10. My birthday is around the corner – in just a couple of days – and I can’t believe how fast (and slow) this past year has been. I’ve had a baby, become a stay-at-home-mom, got huge clarity on my business and how I can be of service to others, and learned a TON about myself as a woman, wife, and mom. It’s been awesome(ly challengingsometimes – but totally worth it). (See my birthday update from last year here)
What awesome random stuff is going on in your world lately?
Leave a Reply