This banana oatmeal muffin with walnuts recipe has been an awesome addition to my breakfast/snack rotation lately. I found a similar recipe to this on Pinterest a while back and while searching out the recipe, I realized that the blog had been shut down. I decided to recreate them from what I already knew about the recipe and create my own version.
What’s super fun about this recipe is that everything is done in the blender, which makes putting them together SUPER fast. The past few weeks, I’ve tried to make a batch on the weekend then store them for quick and easy snacks during the week or lazy morning breakfasts. This recipe is actually pretty versatile too – I’ve had success swapping out the banana for 1 cup of pumpkin puree (and adding 1 tsp cinnamon) too. They’re super delicious!
Banana Oatmeal Muffins with Walnuts
- 2 1/2 cup oats (rolled, not quick cooking)
- 1 cup of plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the oats in a blender and blend until the oats are a fine consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the walnuts) and blend until the batter is smooth. Turn off the blender and scrape the sides if things aren’t moving well.
- Chop the walnuts then add to the blender. Turn the blender on for just a few seconds to combine with the batter.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.